Plastics are neither safe for us nor our surroundings. The entire cycle of manufacturing of plastic to its disposal is detrimental to our well being.
Read case studies
At Astu, our research team has found Areca palm leaf sheath tableware to be the most natural solution to the non biodegradable disposable plastic.
- It is made from the fallen palm leaf sheath of Areca tree.
- It is handy, non-toxic, chemical free, odour free, 100% biodegradable and compostable.
- It is born of earth and after its use, quietly goes back into earth and becomes food for plants and microbes.
Our research team has also found Bagasse to be another natural solution and a perfect replacement of plastic.
- Bagasse is made from sugarcane fiber
- It is a natural by-product and was usually wasted.
- Bagasse products are 100% biodegradable and compostable. And biodegrade with in 60-90 days.
- It is chemical and toxin free
Bagasse is made from sugarcane fiber and is a natural by-product. Bagasse products are 100% biodegradable and compostable. And biodegrade with in 60-90 days.
Paper products have been used for many years way before plastic was introduced. Paper products have a far smaller negative environmental impact than plastic.
- Unlike plastic, paper products are manufactured from a renewable resource
- Paper is easily recyclable
- It is made of wood pulp and thus is biodegradable